The Triad Holiday Food Drive, sponsored by FOX8 and Old Dominion Freight Line, provide The Salvation Army with food to help feed local families in need. Nearly 9 million cans of food have been collected since 1987.
This is the largest and most important food collection event of the year for The Salvation Army. Last year, over 22,000 people were served.
For many years, FOX8 and Old Dominion Freightline have celebrated the Triad Holiday Food Drive by hosting concerts at the Greensboro Coliseum, Lawrence Joel Veteran Memorial Coliseum, and in Burlington at Williams High School. The Holiday concerts have become a tradition for many piedmont triad families, offering quality holiday entertainment. The Triad Holiday Concerts are open to the public and an array of seasonal music is provided by the Greensboro and Winston Salem Symphony’s. The only “cost” to attend is a canned food donation.
2019 Concert Schedule: (Burlington: December 13th; Winston-Salem: December 20th; Greensboro: December 21st).
While food insecurity continues to be an issue in the piedmont triad, with YOUR help, we have gone from #1 in hunger nationwide, now to #14. Help us continue conquering this problem by registering your company to participate in the FOX8 and Old Dominion triad holiday food drive! Thank you for helping your neighbors in need!
How your business can help:
- Local churches, businesses, civic groups and volunteers sign up to participate in Triad Holiday Food Drive beginning in October.
- The Salvation Army will start picking up boxes on December 1.
- Create an internal food drive – asking employees to donate cans and provide special incentives for participating.
- Ask your customers to donate canned food, offering them a discount for participating.
- Donate to the Triad Holiday food drive by making a financial donation.